Sleep Apnea in Austin, TX
Are you getting enough sleep?
If you have trouble keeping your energy up all day or get sleepy whenever you slow down, you are probably not getting the sleep you need. If you are getting less than eight hours of sleep each night, chances are you are sleep deprived. The effects of sleep deprivation and lack of sleep:
- Fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation
- Moodiness and irritability
- Reduced creativity and problem-solving skills
- Inability to cope with stress
- Reduce immunity, frequent colds, and infections
- Concentration and memory problems
- Weight gain
- Impaired motor skills and increased risk of accidents
- Difficulty making decisions
- Increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, and other health problems.
Does your snoring keep your partner awake at night? Snoring occurs due to a partially obstructed airway during sleep. While this can be harmless, it could also signal a more serious condition known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea occurs when an airway is blocked during sleep and can be presented as a pause in breathing that can last between ten seconds to a minute. Your body being deprived of oxygen can result in many health concerns, including a higher risk of heart attack and stroke.
Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea include:
- Snoring loudly
- Temporary lapse in breathing during sleep
- Frequent urination during the night
- Excessive sleepiness and irritability during the day
- Difficulty with memory and concentration during the day
Dr. Hap can offer a number of solutions to treat snoring and sleep apnea to offer you a better night’s sleep. Treating sleep apnea can result in better health and a greater feeling of being rested. Patients suffering from sleep apnea can wake many times during the night, causing you to wake up feeling exhausted. Dr. Hap may treat your sleep apnea with the use of Oral Appliances, or a combination of Oral Appliances and CPAP.
STOP-Bang Sleep Apnea Screening Tool
Contact our dental office today for more information about obstructive sleep apnea treatment and get yourself back to enjoying a healthy and restful night’s sleep.